Friday, February 27, 2009

Jobs and Fresh veggies

Yeah! Mark finally found a job! We knew something would come along eventually and we are so happy it did. Mark will be working for the US Census. It's only for 3 months, but it's good pay and is better than nothing. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for him.

In other happy news, I discovered that I love picking fresh vegetables and want to start my own garden at home. My mom took me with her today to her Stake's vegetable garden out in Queen Creek. We were there for an hour and a half picking beets, snap peas, carrots, broccoli, turnips, and green onions. Today was the last day to go I think. The soil was really tough to get through, but luckily one the the brethren from my mom's ward was there and helped us out. It was fun to pick our own vegetables. I'm sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow from all the squatting I was doing, but it was definitely worth it. So now I just need to get some pots for our house and plants some veggies of our own.
Snap Peas

Broccoli

No comments: